Friday, November 13, 2009

came home to be a mom


I am home with a not so sick 5th grader. Well sick enough that he chose coming home instead of sticking it out in order to have a sleep over tonight. Not sick enough that he is wolfind down a subway footlong-well half-so he may actually be a little under the weather.


I chose to come home to, to come home and be a mom and here is how that happened. I was at a meeting this morning when hubby texted me that the 5th grader was sick and he could pick him up after his meeting was over. Right after that I get an email from the secretary asking if I got an email from the other secretary about "one of my boys". Being in principal mode I immediately emailed back "which boy", assuming she was talking about one of the usual suspects at school who could be causing trouble. I get one word back-my son's name. Gee I never thought she meant my OWN son and feeling a little ashamed realized then that I would stay home for the afternoon with a not-so-sick boy. My actual real boy who lives at my house, and is my biggest responsibility-the rest of those boys will have to wait-it is Friday after all:) Now if I can just make myself DO nothing on the gifted afternoon.

2 comments:

carey said...

i always love a good flip story. love how your priorities flipped here. hope you enjoyed your day!

Karen said...

I wish there was a proud emoticon!!