Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Letters to my son

Oldest child has terrible handwriting and has always hated to write. His OT finally got him this little keyboard thingy called an alpha smart and his wonderful teacher lets him use it all the time. Sooo he started this journal to ME and it is about wanting to "keep" the rabbits we found under the deck as pets. I am writing our exchanges so far. I love it because he is actually writing but more the stuff that comes out of his brain makes me smile...Its long but hope you enjoy it.

Dear mom,
I would like it if you would let me try to take care of a bunny. I would try best to take care of Spike and the bunny stuff at the same time.
Love A

Dear A
I believe that you may be able to take care of Spike and a bunny but dad and I think that is too much responsibility. We think a better idea would be to keep feeding the bunnies until they are bigger and can find food by themselves, which they will. Animals that are born in the wild don't do well in captivity. We are ok with you watching over them like you and "Q" have been doing until they are bigger.

Dear Mom-
Ok, maybe you were right. I still think I should try to take care of it for a day. And I would try to take care of Spike to. I think that you should let me. I would save up my money to get the stuff, They are abandoned so they are in Q's and my care now. I read that you touch them, you take care of them.
PS You will let me do it
PS Can I do it on a trial basis?
Love Alec

5 comments:

carey said...

really, cher, i think alec and jace are born of the same cloth. jace has a very tender spot for animals and nature, too, and decided that when he grows up he wants to open a cat orphanage. he also has nasty handwriting but give him a keyboard and he will go to town. too bad we don't live closer, out two little scientists would have a great time dissecting the world together.

Karen said...

Awwwwwwwwwww. So did you cave? I totally, 100% would.

bobbione8y said...

i kind of want to save the bunnies too :) ha. perhaps alec and jace and i can work on some future business together...:)

cherk said...

I totally would have caved if I hadn't asked hubby "Is it a lot of work to build a rabbit hutch?" He firmly put his foot down then and there. I was ready to go buy the lumber. Last night we were down to 1-the smallest one. One did die and is now resting in my new tulips headstone included, that was a traumatic evening:(

Karen said...

I can imagine how hard it was. Just think of all the amazing things they are learning. You are a great mom, Cher.