Monday, July 2, 2012

Back to normal, well almost

And there it is, one week already and sunny skies, and breezy ocean, and relaxing wave sounds are a distant memory.
Nothing like real life to bring you back to the real world. While on vacation my ragbrai team mate texts me to tell me our 3rd team member crashed and broke his collarbone, so our trip is on standby due to to support team logistics. Sigh, I am still trying to get over the disappointment. I persevered though and ventured out for my first ride in my clips. Unclipping BOTH feet is a must, learned that the hard way.
Small fry comes home with some small rash on his foot-we assume from venturing into the foliage to hunt iguanas OR then it becomes poison ivy from Horse Thief Lake-and is up all last night scratching and itching his feet like crazy. Oh and this was in OUR bed, so I think a nap is a must today.
Math tutoring for big fry resumes, you can all imagine how home practice went. An engineer father does not make for easy math practice when one doesn't "get" math. Poor big fry.
We skipped big races in Aberdeen to get caught up on long needed "to do" projects. Nothing like cleaning the garage from top to bottom to say family vacation away is over. But the garage looks fabulous. Oh but the dog apparently ate something in the dust pan pile and had a night of grass munching and gagging.

Yep back to reality

2 comments:

Karen said...

I am SO not a fan of reality.

cherk said...

Me EITHER I feel I have finally become relaxed and ready for summer to begin!