Monday, April 2, 2012

If a thirteen year old could listen...



I would share with him the following ideas as he moves forward towards some of the most exciting, scary, intimidating, and confusing years we probably have all known. These would be the words and wishes that I would have whispered in his ear 13 years ago before I even knew him as this separate person, and others (knowing him now) would be ones I would whisper tonight....
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined-Thoreau
Be curious, not judgemental-Whitman
Never, never, never give up-Churchill
If you ask me what I came into this life to do, I will tell you: I came to live out loud-Zola
No one can take the place of a friend, no one-Angelou
Two roads diverged in the wood and I-I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.- Frost

3 comments:

carey said...

Aw. And I would tell him to be true to who he is, and that these years are hard but all that little stuff doesn't matter later on, and that he is going to be something very special...and already is. nice job, friend. he's a great kid.

bobbione8y said...

love. love. that makes me want to make a design of all of those wise words :)

cherk said...

I was thinking as I typed it, "man, I wish I was cool with font like Bobbi is"