Monday, February 13, 2012

Multitasking

For once this isn't a post about ME and multitasking. Which by the way I am NOT doing today. The day started out with a dentist appt-mine. And a semi-sick small fry. Who doesn't appear all that sick as I sit here typing. Confirm that, "Can I go play in the front yard?". NO
Not that I mind having a semi sick kid sick at home, it gives me an excuse to STAY home and do some things that I don't usually get to do. Valentine cookies are on the list. And a big long nap. Which leads me to the multitasking story.

I love multitasking, I think it is an efficient way to run. MOST of the time. My dentist, Dr. Ann is a great multitasker, very efficient. VERY. I don't know though if dentistry is really a multitasking career though. I mean really, shouldn't a dentist really be concentrating, I mean really hard on the patient? Even though doing a filling to them is like putting underwear on to the rest of us. Don't get me wrong, she is this very friendly, petite, cute Asian lady, who I think in a previous life ran a sweat shop of some kind. She brings efficiency to a whole new level. Talking about her upcoming weekend plans-for a little while-then she is all business. Water is spraying, tools are flying, pushing and prodding everywhere, inside my mouth by the way. She is up, she is down, checking on other patients, flying in and doing some more lightening speed work. I usually sit there a wreck, even WITH the nitrous. It is while I was thinking of this it reminded me of punishment. Does she make it so miserable that you SWEAR UP AND DOWN that you will floss like she told you, mabye even 3 times a day, just not to go back.

I don't think so, it is her version of multitasking and efficiency. A sweat shop, I really think so. That is why I need a nap-a second one.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Great. I'm going to the dentist this week. Man, I hate going to the dentist.

I'd better go floss.

carey said...

it's funny. my kids don't even mind going to the dentist because it's always been a nice, pleasant experience with their aunt. i remember when i was a kid...going to the dentist almost made me sick i hated it so much.

hope you got that nap.