Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wow, more epiphanies

First, I hope I spelled that right. I get a little paranoid when my blogger/auther/grammar queen Karen reads my stuff.

We have this blogger friend named Karen who is infamous for meeting new people and LOVING people. I am not so much. So imagine my surprise (well not really, I always knew this) when Big Fry comes home and tells Luna met a new friend, Bill. Bill from down the street, he's lived there about a year. You know mom, Bill, down the street, he is nice I stop and chat while I walk Luna sometimes. It is one thing to be a 39+ woman (he he) and be social with new people, another to be 12 and talk to total strangers. So the epiphany is maybe we need to teach Stranger Danger AGAIN.

Epiphany 2-I have my own Marlboro Man, who is actually, secretly a Pioneer Woman. Hubby baked a from-scratch, in-the-skillet pineapple upside down cake. Eat your heart out Pioneer Woman.

Epiphany 3-Which was not realized BEFORE the pinapple upside down cake, otherwise I would have never have ate any. It is way easy to eat LOTS of calories in a day and not even realize it. I am not one to count calories but a good friend of mine suggested it after sharing my frustration with exercise and NO weight loss. So I found livestrong.com, which has t.he easiest calorie counter ever. Who else actually has mini reeses pbc on their calorie counter? Anyway, I just gotta say, a humbling experience. I think it will be my new addiction. The calorie count and maybe less of the mini pbc's.

Epiphany 4-Work is hard, I forgot how hard over the summer. It is like temporary amnesia that I always get. But then I remember how much I LOVE it, each year is a new challenge and fun.

Well there it is, hope you have some new light bulb moments of your own

3 comments:

carey said...

Epiphany is such a cool word to say, don't you think? I wish I had a Marlboro Man who was really a Pioneer Woman. Then maybe people would have something to eat around here. I know your work is hard, you amaze me that you can tackle so many things, my friend. Just know you are making differences. And that is a good thing.

cherk said...

Yep, nothing like to avoid calories and have skillet baked pineapple upside down cake staring you in the face.Damn Marlboro man

bobbione8y said...

calories, schmalories, i would trade my arm for a slice of pineapple upside down cake right now :)) have not had some since my grandma left this earth!

'stranger danger' will not help if your kid likes to chat :)

and yeah. work. if i ever get any again, i will surely not want to do it :)