Monday, September 12, 2011

This and That

School and work are off and running, and one of my goals has been to not get on the computer while children are still awake, which means my contact with my blogger friends has been lacking, I apologize. My lack of posts does not mean we are lacking for good stories though. The adventure of life is always there.
I love my Luna May. I love to come home and pet her ears and have her wag her tail and grunt a little because she is so HAPPY. I love that she is SMART. 3 days of training with the wireless fence and she gets that going past the track in the long grass is NOT good. Ahhh, more outside time makes a happy dog.
The boys are not quite giving up the last benefits of summer or warm weather. I was informed last night to wake Big Fry up promptly at 6 for frog hunting BEFORE school. Anything with the word frog and hunting BEFORE school is not going to be good. I reminded him of breakfast which was met with "I can grab a pear and eat when I get back". When they returned with school clothes muddy and a muddy dog and where promptly ordered to clean the dog, I was met with, " I need to eat or I will starve!" in a true tweener wail. AND it was not his job to clean the dog as he was ONLY helping Small Fry.
I also enjoyed watching hubby try to repair a remote control helicopter. I strongly advised Small Fry from ordering it. NOTHING good ever comes from a remote control anything. And of course the first time it took off on a full battery and crashed into a wall a wing was smashed. We order wings which come in the mail when adults are not home. This leads to big fry "helping" again and trying to take off said wing with a knife (because any screwdivers we once had are long lost). Which in turns leads to stripped screws with hubby trying to figure out how to get wing A1 off. We then find one of the wings we ordered is lost in the frenzy of brothers doing their own repair work. Like I said remote control anything is not good.
I am sure there are other this and thats, like how right now my really smart dog, is smart enough to drop her kong toy by the couch, knock it under the couch with causes her to scratch endlessly at floor and couch to get it. Then whines at me, like it is my fault. Yep just another day in the journey.

5 comments:

carey said...

i am with you. remote control things are trouble. as is anything with itty bitty pieces and parts. blasted legos!

we need to get one of those fences. did you install it yourself or have a company do it? i bet luna would love to come over and go hunting with crosby!

Karen said...

I like your last sentence: Just another day in the journey.

TRU DAT.

I also like the "true tweener wail." You should copyright that line, because every mother of every tweener On Earth will get it.

bobbione8y said...

i am glad to get 'summer cher' for a season, and also glad to get the more occasional stories when life becomes FULL up.

i love the name luna may. that dog deserves a song named after her :)

cherk said...

Carey-the fence is a non-wireless on, so just needs to be plugged in. It is awesome. Tonight she saw a cat by the garden and barked but didn't go after it.

Karen-ha ha, I should, it is right up there with a newborn's cry, you know the sound instantly when you hear it.

Bobbi-I think everyone in my house loves "summer cher" better! Do you think Van Morrison would write a song for us?

Karen said...

I just went and looked up Van Morrison. I had no idea he was still alive! What color are Luna's eyes...he may already have written a song for her.