Tuesday, September 20, 2011

New discoveries

When hubby talks to Luna May while playing, he sounds like Mr. Bill from Saturday Night Live-Really I kid you not.

Just when I thought I saw it all at school, and could wait out ANY kid with my superior patience and ignore anything, I find out I can not.

A sick 12 year old needs his mom just like he did when he was two.

Dishwashers are NOT all built the same, trust me on this.

Pioneer Woman's mashed potatoes really are the BEST ever, in small doses or else your butt will look like mashed potatoes.

If you work in the field of education you can still be a dead beat mom. Classic example: call the middle school office, ask for homework for your sick 12 year old and then get so caught up dealing with someone else's kid that when you show up to the get the homework at said middle school, everyone is long gone and the building is locked.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Oh sheesh. YOU ARE NOT A DEADBEAT MOM.

Mr. Bill??

Dying to hear the kid-school story.

Made those mashed potatoes. Will make them for Thanksgiving when there are more people and fewer leftovers. Holy butter, Batman!

carey said...

i don't think i have the patience to wait out ANY naughty kid, so you're a better woman than me :)

sounds like you are having an interesting week. sometimes mashed potatoes (and wine) are the only answer.

bobbione8y said...

how come my butt looks like mashed potatoes and i don't even EAT mashed potatoes?

sigh :)