Monday, June 13, 2011

Smart dog or what

Our new puppy counts ME as her PERSON. I know this cuz Suree told me.
She is a pretty smart dog I think...
She has learned to give the cat a wide distance
To drop the shoe back in the mud room when I catch her, she then looks up at me like "What?"
She goes to the door to bark when she wants out
She can get through the barricade to get downstairs
She has figured out that if humans are not in the room then the couch is open and all hers-she NEVER tries when we are in the room. I know this because hubby and I have both caught her relaxed and sleeping on it.
In fact I was texting while on the couch, with her looking at me with those big eyes and perky ears and wanting attention. I left for SECONDS to the kitchen and hear a clunk. I arrive in the living room with dog on couch and phone on floor.

Yep smart or sneaky-maybe both.

4 comments:

carey said...

i wonder how she learned about the couch? maybe she needs a doggy bed? she does sound like a good pup. i bet she learns her basic commands in no time flat.

cherk said...

Carey-She HAS one!

Karen said...

It's like having another kid!

Molly only gets on the couch (at night) when her doggy bed needs to be replaced. Like clockwork.

carey said...

i think she wants you to have the doggy bed, cher. she's good with the couch.