Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Weird thoughts

It's a little weird but for hubby not being here things have gone pretty smoothly. The boys have been super excellent in the morning getting ready to head out the door-always a bugaboo for dad. I asked big fry why have they been so good for me and could they do that for dad. He gives me a grin, "We don't want any yelling". Hmmmm note to hubby, yell more. This week has been hammer week, I can't get one naughty kid out the door before another one is waiting in line. And these aren't just run of the mill naughty. These are the ones that I am done being nice to, because we have met WAYYYYYY to often. This discipline thing is putting a crimp in my instructional leadership time, my great thoughts desert me. BUT I did think of a great metaphor for an upcoming staff meeting...dodge ball and the educational setting. We are playing dodge ball for an ice breaker and I was racking my brain to connect it to my vision and where we need to go. It came to me while I was in bed with a hot, tossing and turning small fry throwing his limbs across me. I will make you wait, if you are an advertiser or writer type (some of you are) I think you would LOVE the analogy, umm or metaphor. Not sure which I am walking for MS this weekend. For Maddie's mom. For my beautiful 30 year old coworker who has had ms for two years. Who has yet to give baby Maddie a bath because of the disease that leaves her to weak and scared to hold a slippery wet baby. I am humbled, truly There we are weird thoughts...hubby needs to come home, so I can go back to surface thinking...

3 comments:

carey said...

hmmm. let me try to see where your brain is. you want your teachers to "dodge" the little things, "catch" the medium problems and take care of them quickly, and when they get smacked with something hard, they need to take a break and ask others to help them through it.

not even close, am i?

Karen said...

Ooooh, that's good. I was thinking that you throw the balls really, really hard at the bad kids. :-)

No, really. Is it about teamwork? Do teachers even need teamwork?

I'm proud of your ms walk. I love your big heart.

cherk said...

You two are funny! Nope not close.