Monday, April 18, 2011

On Being 9




Here is another dedication for another birthday from "I Love You the Purplest"


To small fry:

"I love you the bluest! I love you the color of a dragon fly at the tip of its wing

I love you the color of a cave

in its deepest, hidden part

where grizzly bears and bats curl up until midnight.

The mist of a mountain.

The splash of a waterfall.

The hush of a whisper."


A small fry's birthday menu:


"Small Fry what do you want for your birthday dinner? Spaghetti and meatballs?'

Small fry, "I don't know I will think about it."

Two minutes later in a whisper "That hot dog and bean thing mixed together"

"You mean beans and weiners?"

"Yep that's it"

There you have it beans and weiners and frozen corn-Karen would be grimacing at the beach about it right now at the thought of it.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Beans and wieners. Excellent. I love the photos and it makes me smile knowing you spent half your evening looking at them. Time goes way too fast.

carey said...

cher, that comment was really from me...karen is at the beach and she is having me log in and post her blogs everyday...i apparently forgot to log out as her.

cherk said...

Carey/Karen Hi there-Time does go to fast. Secretly I was glad he picked something so EASY!