Sunday, April 10, 2011

I am here!

I am here, I am reading your posts, just not keeping myself updated. We are past frickin fractions, we maybe understand them a little better, got some after school help, whizzed through the daily work and yes then flunked the test. I am learning to let go.... We moved on to poopy poetry (which I can actually stand) EXCEPT Big fry didn't read the rubric right so on Wed at 8, the night before it is due, we are re-reading it-and there was LOTS left to do, LOTS. 3 out of 4 of us cried over the turmoil. Come to find out when we met with the teacher, "Don't fret there are LOTS who didn't get it." Humph, would have been nice to know before we jumped all over our child and his lack of attention to detail and organizing. The funny part is the kid loves the class and the stuff he writes is darn good, and he really thinks about it. Big Fry had his first track meet, wow if that didn't bring back memories of junior high track! Spring Dance is coming up, Big Fry plans to go with, "I am taking someone." This someone is Kaitlyn. I ask him "what if Kaitlyn dances with someone else". "Awe, I won't mind, it is just middle school mom". Whew Hubby is gone for the next 4 days so Mrs. Mom it is for me....

5 comments:

carey said...

i am glad you are here. i wish you were HERE. like in my neighborhood. we really have soooo much to talk about. :) hang in there, Mrs. Mom. you are doing fine. ugh. junior high dances. i think they scarred me for life! sounds like Big Fry is handling things just fine. and so are you.

cherk said...

Carey-Or you HERE. I think we could have MANYconversations about VERY similar things. I remember hiding in the gym for the slow dances...afraid to be asked and more afraid not to be:)

bobbione8y said...

hi cher, yes, glad you are here. i come most days even if you are not ;)

i keep thinking of summer. for all of us.

carey said...

i hate to admit it...but i still hide in the bathroom during dollar dances at weddings. the thought of dancing with anyone besides my husband takes me right back to homecoming...which always, always reminds me of the flaming banana.

cherk said...

Carey-OH MY GOSH-the bathroom would have been so much better!