Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Finally...


A little normalcy. I made it to the Y-not for the boot camp-figured being a maytr and trying to pretend like I hadn't been sick for two weeks wouldn't do anyone any good. It felt good to feel at least half way normal. The final verdict was a sinus infection and bronchitis and the antibiotics were a 50/50 shot. The odds were good.


My reward to the small fry for feeling better was playing something of HIS choice. This turned out to be Mario Brothers. As it turns out I am hopeless at video games so Small fry became a little discouraged when I continued to die and not make it through a single level as his partner. Finally, feeling very sorry for me he picked me up-my mushroom cap character that is, with his Yoshi's sticky tongue (a jumping, flying, duck horse thing) and carried me around in its mouth until the end of the level. He proudly declared, "There mom, now you finally beat a level"


I stand corrected, a Yoshi is a dinosaur...

2 comments:

carey said...

you are a rock star. i always tell the boys i am going to steal their DSI's and put "Barbie Goes Shopping" games inside them. i hate video games THAT much.

i am not at all a rock star. but i at least speak your mario language. let's hear it for the sticky tongue :)

Karen said...

What Carey said! Although I have no idea what you're talking about. I can't stand video games. I despise them. They give me motion sickness.