Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ode to a small fry













Seriously where does the time go! Here is a picture tribute to my small fry. The child who came rushing out on his bday (quite the opposite of big fry). We used to joke about how serious he was. I remember nursing him when it was dark and quiet and no one was awake but the two of us and he would have this frown-like a little gnome. I always wondered what he was thinking. He is still a serious thinker and a worrier (sorry kiddo-its genetic) but at the same time can be a ball of energy. I love laying in bed and hearing him run across the wood floors. I don't think he ever walks from here to there.

So here is to you small fry on your 8th birthday. To who you are and you will be. I hope you become all the things you want to be!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Happy birthday, Q!!!

I can't believe he's eight, Cher!

cherk said...

Me either!! I love that you called him Q. He informed me just two days ago that Q is what kids call him at school and that is what he wants us to call him, a very difficult thing for me to do:(

carey said...

Are you sure you don't want to be a photographer? I love that second from the top photo. That says it ALL. He is one cute little Q. Does anyone call him Q ball? Happy birthday to the not-so-small fry.

Karen said...

We are a household of first initials. It's just easier when you need to yell at everyone at once. :-)

The second from the top is my fave, too.

bobbione8y said...

i agree with Carey!

what a cute kid, love the baby frown :)