Saturday, April 3, 2010

All I need to know...

All I need to know about 11 year old boys I learned at a sleepover:

My son is not the only one who wears what he is eating on other parts of his face
Among a group of 5 boys you can't tell who is smacking
Lazer tag ROCKS
I unfortunately do NOT rock at lazer tag
Natural selection and survival of the fittest just naturally occurs (meaning everyone gravitates towards the tallest and strongest kid)
If you don't remember someone's name then their new name is Dude
A group of boys CAN play together and not ask ONCE to play a video game-excpet for the one who brough his own handheld.
Nerf gun fights also rock-but only if you have enough guns and ammo
Nerf gun wars are loud
5:30 AM is way too early for Nerf gun wars
That other 5th graders still like legos, just like big fry
All my worries about Big Fry's sometimes lacking social skills or "geekiness" is ok, because he has some of the most politest and kindest 11 year old friends I have met.
Ok well maybe I didn't learn all I NEED to know, but it sure was fun to watch and I do know a nap is on the agenda for the day!

5 comments:

carey said...

sounds like fun! we have had various boys over to hang out during the easter break and i enjoy listening to the conversations. you forgot to add one thing to the list: it seems ok for them to wear the clothing to bed and then get up and try to wear them again the next day.

cherk said...

Oh so true about the clothing. Another tidbit was they all agreed that mom's drive fast-all the dad's say so

bobbione8y said...

so, it sounds like having a bunch of kids in the house sort of normalizes all of them :)

ps. carey. have to admit that wearing the same clothing 24/7 sounds intriguing ;)

Karen said...

Um, that clothing thing happened here this morning. And yesterday morning...

Sounds like you've got it down, Cher!

cherk said...

really do people wear their clothes to bed or the same clothes the next day...I must be weird. My kids actually change clothes sometimes 2 or 3 times a day, not to stay clean but they take them off, lay them somewhere, and then grab new ones!