Saturday, April 11, 2009

The sniffer knows-Part 2

A while back I posted about the mysterious smell in older son's room-the lima been experiment haphazardly hanging on a trophy. Recently I came upon a new smell-in my car. It wasn't always noticeable and I concluded it was something temporary, like wet floor mats or seats from the constant snow and wetness. The other morning I went to get in the car and it was really BAD. I'd had enough. I got my super sniffer down there real close (like you do when someone asks you "Does this smell bad? as they hand you a mysterious container from the fridge.) I use my nose to sniff all the seats, carpets, everything! I finally found it when I lifted up the floor mat on MY side. WOW-that is all I am going to say. I scrub the carpet and go to bed. The next morning I get up, no luck. I get on the internet and do some research, I conclude I must tear up the carpet. That is what I do, screwdriver in hand and find the obnoxious smell-in the PAD under the carpet. I give up cleaning it, and just rip it out-really who needs padding under their feet when they are mostly on pedals. I think next time my frappacino spills I better clean it up right away:)

2 comments:

Chris said...

Yeah, that's not good! I just put an air freshener in my car.

Karen said...

Ooooooh. Nothing on earth smells worse than spoiled milk in a car.

I just took out ALL the trash in the house, cleaned the toilets AND put one of those cleaning lemony-ball thingies down the disposal. It still smells funny here...