Saturday, April 18, 2009

Happy Birthday to my own little monkey man











Today we celebrated Q's b-day with his 1st "friend" party at the dreaded Chuck E Cheese man's place. As I was driving with a car full of boys karioking to Camp Rock (I secretly dig it, if I was 13 again Joe Jonas would be my guy), I thought of a question my older son asked me out of the blue a few days ago. "Mom, what is your dream for me?" I answered with something I knew would make him smile such as I would love to take you to the Amazon rainforest where you can explore and see in real life all the things you love. I also of course said to be happy, be kind, and be a dad who does not use a scary voice (I had used MINE the day before). He smiled his "wow" smile and went on playing.




Back to today. As I am hearing the boy voices singing at the top of their lungs the question came back to me, and I wish I had that moment back to say SO much more, SO MUCH, for both of you. So here it is, and I am thinking if I write it down the words will stick with me so if I am ever asked again, and I so hope I will be, at an older age I will be ready.




For Q-man-on your birthday




I dream for you to always have the silliness and energy you have now, whether you are 7 or 70.




I dream for you to not worry so much and know that perfection is not always a good thing, that effort counts and quitting is not an option. I dream that you will always love music and sing out loud without reservations. I dream that you continue to love art and drawing and it will be something you enjoy always.




For Big A-




I dream you will always love nature and all the creatures in it, just as much as you do now. I hope the upcoming teen years leave you unscathed and unjaded and understand it is a small part of your life. I dream you keep your sensitivity and emotions, but don't let them be a burden and know you are a strong person. My dream is that you continue to dream and dream big.




For both of you I dream you are always surrounded by friends and family. That you stand up for yourself and others and understand the power of forgiveness. I dream you will make your own decisions about your belief and faith and not close doors but go through life with an open mind and open heart.




See, told you, a little to much infor for a 10 and 7 year old, but someday...

3 comments:

carey said...

man,i love you. i really wished we lived closer because i think our boys would be great friends, and i would love to have you around for me to play with too :) the dreams you have for your kids are perfect. save these words and pop them out at the wedding or something. lucky, lucky boys.

Chris said...

I don't even know what to say. Your words are truly moving.

Karen said...

Just enough info to make me cry, Cher Bear.