Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Calgon, take me away

So today was one of those crazy days at work. I don't usually have them. My principal is gone so I am filling in as part of my internship. Right before a long break is always crazy, kids start to go off the wall, Holiday programs and less patient teachers starts to add.This is the week that the procrastinating element of Karen's blog comes into play-I could have been a prophet with that one (see her blog-I don't know how to do the cool link thing yet)

Of course a big issue occurred today so at work for 10 hours, came home to a kid who did his homework all wrong, every single problem- and didn't take us trying to help him very well. Among other "scenarios" that have come up:

The rest of my course work is due Friday, still have 3, five page papers to write before FRIDAY-asked for an extension

MISSING Boot camp tomorrow for boy scouts

Sub plans for the Thursday I will be missing due to the boys Christmas program WHICH Big A is worried about embarrassing himself between the singing and his first orchestra performance

New kiddo I will be getting SOON

And to top if off today was report card day-the usual "areas of improvement" for the older son-ummm lets see-"managing time wisely", "appropriate choices", "staying focused" and "listening" and the youngest who excessively talks.

I could go on and on, or maybe I should stay on facebook where it is all short and sweet!

Ok, there is my rambling for the night, will see you after I get my flippin homework done

3 comments:

carey said...

you are throwing me with the "new kiddo i will be getting soon" comment.

????

Karen said...

Oh, Cher. I would drive you over some Calgon if I could. Or maybe a bottle of Merlot.

I can't wait for the break (which, you know, is still Christmas break to me), you will need the hard-earned down-time.

It's funny. I have problems in every area that BOTH of your kids need to work on. What does that say about me??

cherk said...

new kiddo is AKA a new student, definitely new kiddos coming at my house anytime soon


Karen-hmmmm multitasker??? I don't know but it makes school not always our favorite thing-hopefully charm will go a long way:)