Monday, December 8, 2008

The black hole we call Facebook

Now that all of my blogger buds are official facebook fanatics, I will just let you know I am still not a quality facebook participant and look forward much more to the postings here in bloggerville...so hopefully you all keep writing in "first" person here for some deeper conversation:)

Speaking of deep, Big A ran tried out to be a student rep from his class, three boys ran the winner got 22 votes, "A" got 3 and the other kid 2. A little blow to the ego, we really made a point of telling him that trying and taking a risk is what counts. I said "3 votes is better then 0" he says "2 actually, I voted for myself" Ohhhh life lessons sometimes just suck, no better way to put it.

4 comments:

Karen said...

*&!#@

I hate those life lessons for our kids. They suck. I do think that the underdogs end up being better people--they have an ability for empathy that isn't as easy for someone who always wins.

bobbione8y said...

i have been facebooking for exactly one week.

kind of boring. i don't want to "miss" anything, so i'm glad i got an account. but really, i don't think i am missing anything :)

carey said...

ugh. i hate those hard lessons, too. i guess that's why it's important to give our kids lots of love and encouragement, and to let them know that they always get our vote. i'm betting the kid that won is a jock punk with cute hair and rich parents?

just a guess...

cherk said...

you guys are awesome, I am sure my ego needed more of a boost then his. I to think underdogs sometimes come out on top. Speaking as a former wallflower and "geek" in grade school empathy is a skill that cannot be faked and one of the best attributes to have.