Saturday, December 6, 2008

After...




Ok, not only did I give up a little control over tree decorating I gave up ALL of it! I did the lights and snow and the boys, mostly the oldest did the rest. I only moved 2 or 3 (okay maybe 5 or 6) ornaments.




They went from green and blue to Rainbow, I am still sitting here deciding if I will warm up to it. With the lights off it helps




Giving up my artistic control was hard-I pouted a little-I don't have time in my daily life for creating ART-what I went to school for years ago, so my tree is like a one time a year big art project and I miss my THEME tree.




So this is how I will get over it with a few comments from the small frys in our house




"Ohhhhh look at all the colored ornaments, lets get them all out"




"This is the best tree ever"




"This is the best Christmas ever"




"Mom, it is so shiny, espcecially if you stand real close and put your eye up to the bulb"




And here is the number one quote: "It is just like a rainbow, we can call it our rainbow tree"


and as I remembered a small voice saying this in excitement and the exact moment I was blogging it came to me, what is a rainbow?




A hello from God of course

2 comments:

Karen said...

OF COURSE!!! That is awesome! It may not be your most favorite artistic expression, but I'll bet my cup of coffee that it will be the one you remember.

Good work, Cher. I'm proud of you.

I thought of you while we were decorating last night. Will take pics and post our crazy tree later.

carey said...

can you really ever mess up a christmas tree? all those lights and ornaments, i agree that it's the best tree ever. you are welcome to bring that artistic side over to my house any time if you're looking for a project...