Thursday, October 18, 2012

24 hours and some random thoughts

24 hours ago teen was downstairs watching tv, annoying the dog, loud, obnoxious, happy go lucky as usual. 3:30 AM wakes me tell me his throat hurts. 8:00 I go to work. 3:00 PM he sees white patches and goes to dr. 4:00 PM has xray a 101 temp and finds out the diagnosis is bronchitis. Really who does that??

On another note, did I tell you hate conference night. Do you know why? Because of the parents? Nope. The 12 hour day? Nope. It is the FOOD. You see teachers love to eat, and conference night is a great night for POTLUCK. And do you kno where we keep the food for potluck? In the lounge and guess where the lounge is? Yep, out the back door of my office....cream puffs, nacho cheese, chili, chocolate mint brownies, tortilla chips. Nothing I would ever make at my house but by gosh sit it in the room next to me and the grazing begins.

THEN I come home to the wonderfu smell of french dip I made the peeps at home...here is the recipe, make it this winter, it will be the easiest think you ever make!!
Well that is relevant, but it is one of my favorite easy things to make!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Easy-Slow-Cooker-French-Dip/Detail.aspx

3 comments:

carey said...

thanks for the recipe. and just think of it this way...one conference down, one to go :) hope big fry feels better soon, poor guy.

bobbione8y said...

quite the transition there! ha. at any rate, i usually laugh when i hear the word 'rump roast'

:)

Karen said...

I want a french dip right now!!!

And a mint brownie!