Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Spirit

I like, many other teen/tweener moms, waffle between loving my tween son and at other times wondering why the heck I ever bore this child. Well here is why.
Big Fry, who at the age of 5 or so wanted to make a talking cane for a blind man at the grocery store
Who at a little older age, cried and asked me to bring home the homeless man he saw while riding home on the bus
At the present age charms everyone BUT us...and I wonder if he will ever get back a charitable bone again...
Is participating in a counselor-in -training program at the local Yand had the opportunity to spend the afternoon making huge gift baskets for adopted families and delivered them last weekend. Upon being picked up, I carefully asked "How was it?"-this is usually the question that is met with a "Fine".
I was met with, "Great, it was a really cool thing, this one lady almost cried when we dropped off the stuff. I made me feel really good."
There it is, the kind heart I love ,showing just a little bit.It was hidden again a few hours later, but for now its enough to know its there.

3 comments:

carey said...

i am not sure my comments are commenting, hmmm. anyway, hang in there. this too shall pass! sometimes you just have to force them to talk, and hug, and smile. i do it all the time. they um, love me for it.

Heather said...

You put how I feel about my 12 year old son into words perfectly. It's when I see that kind and loving heart come out that I remember what a great kid he is. Thanks for sharing.

Karen said...

Oh I am so glad for you! I'm glad for him, too, but mostly for you!!