Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Alone Time

Here it is, honest and selfish me. Alone time, I am having some RIGHT NOW. When I say I never get alone time I am really not exaggerating (even though I am good at that). I have been alone since 6:00 AM this morning and will be for the next two nights. There is no homework to follow up on, music practice, dog to walk or remind others to walk and feed. No feeling bad about being late at work or on the computer for work. Or guilt about not being AT work.
Dont' get me wrong, I LOVE my family, I LOVE my job. But sometimes this busy, crazy life I have made for myself deserves just a little break.

I drove in the car with Christmas music no one wants to hear when they ride with me. I saw a beautiful sunrise, which I am sure was just for me. Texted a friend some morning love. Texted lots of people when I shouldn't have been. Til the deer raced across the front of my 80 mph car. But you know what no one knew but ME!

So yes I will be selfish these next two nights, feel a little alone and guilty by tomorrow night, be racing home on Friday for, Christmas music program, Christmas tree decorating, instrument practice for recitals, indoor soccer, boot camp, evaluations to type, work that will need to be caught up on (without going TO work, I vowed not to step one foot into work on any weekend in December), travel cancellations and phone calls, and clothes shopping. For. Boys.

See with all this crazy life I happened to look at my children as they went to school in ripped pants, too short pants, too short sleeves and big fry wearing the same 4 long sleeve shirts week after week and realized my kids look like ragamuffins. I knew it was bad when I casually mentioned, "Looks like you need some new clothes and they both, said "WE KNOW, you need to take us."

I can't wait, because you know the next best thing to being alone is shopping! Ok well in my selfish little world right now that is!

3 comments:

carey said...

where are you? a conference? alone time is THE BEST. you deserve a little, and it looks like you'll need it for your busy weekend. i for one am looking forward to seeing what you do with the tree this year.

Karen said...

NO GUILT! Well, except for the texting while driving. :-)

Enjoy, Cher! The sunrise and the WHOLE glorious alone time is just for you!!

PS. E looks like an orphan, too. It doesn't even phase me anymore..

bobbione8y said...

i keep picturing you out in the middle of the woods! very curious about how you got to be alone....and yes, can totally relate. i don't even live with people, and yet sometimes i crave 'alone' time.