Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Off and Running

Well here it is year 3-year 3, of the "new" job. I guess I can't really be a "newbie" anymore. Big changes with how our building runs, the general feel is excitement but with murkiness. The staff I work with don't like murky. We took a peronsality quiz a few years back and over 80% came back "gold". Perfectionstic, high expectations, like clarity, people pleasers. They are all like ME. You put us all together and it makes taking a journey of change a little challenging, we all want things to go WELL.

Which leads me to my distress, because my typical "gold" colored small fry is leading me to fits! I am not sure what is going on but the trend of NOT following directions, FORGETFULLNESS, running around in endless circles, tormenting the dog, and lamenting at how STRICT his new teacher is, is driving me crazy. Because this is NOT the norm, and my lovely people pleaser child is NOT pleasing me. I already know my answer, every child has phases, needs to stretch and grow, I was hoping for shorter phases and LESS stretching. sigh

1 comment:

carey said...

it'll pass, it'll pass. just getting back into the routine of school...hang in there!