Sunday, August 7, 2011

Here is what I AM needed for

This has become my new role. Monitoring what little tidbits of non edible items a 5 month old teething dog put in her mouth, CONSTANTLY. It is worse than a two year old who keeps trying to get up the stairs, or go where they shouldn't.
It is quite a chore. There are two ways to go about it. Notice her missing, hunt her down and find her with the off limits object or she comes running from somwhere with her mouth tightly closed trying to pretend she is invisible. Either way I approach her carefully and slowly. Sometimes I pretend I AM invisible and like I am not going her way. Of course the command of drop it works, sometimes, with much better results with a treat in my hand.
This is as thankless chore, but entertaining, and I am always needed!

1 comment:

bobbione8y said...

All I can think of when I hear about all these puppy habits (from Carey, too) is


wow. no wonder I switched to kittens :)