Friday, July 22, 2011

Surviving Camping

A camping essay in pictures and captions, in no particular order...

"Swamp People" Black Hills style...

Stalking the elusive baby turtle

A tin pot full of.....crawdads....Big Fry was challenged that if he got at least 15 he could boil them as the campers across the spot from us told him. He was on it...

"It's like this mom, I reach slowly under a rock, wiggle my fingers til I feel something pinch me and I pull it out, and then I grab it."





And here we are mini lobsters.



A nice glass of reisling and "Life is Good" t picked put by small fry. The same t-shirt I promptly splattered grease on and didn't notice until I got home.





The STARCRAFT-the name makes it sound like some exotice spaceship. It isn't. The curtains remind me of the dishes I got for my wedding, country blue and pink.


Comfy chair for hubby, I don't think he moved the whole time.


And there we are.














3 comments:

carey said...

looks like a blast! did you actually eat the crawdads?

cherk said...

I did not touch the crawdads, let alone eat them. Big Fry at them ALL and wanted to get more! He cold put survivor man to shame.

bobbione8y said...

i'll take the tshirt and glass of wine. and the chair. and the starcraft, even.

but probably not the mini lobsters :)