Sunday, July 10, 2011

Just a quick post



We are vegging out and regrouping ourselves for one more big race today. We are coming off a 5 race extravaganza, more on that later. Here are a few tidbits from the last few days, and strangely they are all connected.


Carey's Little J cannot WAIT for his bday present, when I read what it was I laughed my butt off. I opened my email this morning to find that my lovely 12 year old had AGAIN ordered something off of Amazon-I am hoping accidently-and guess what it was? Yep, a lovely airsoft gone. He has big plans for it. This "accidental" one-click-ordering reminded me of the time he ordered swords. Remember this? See pic above...


And I joked about how I could use them for an Elektra costume? Well we watched Elektra the other night ( A tweener's favorite) and I jokingly told Small Fry that my goal was to someday look like Elektra. You should have seen his face, shock mixed with a little bit of sympathy, and he flat out said, "Well it is good to dream big mom". Yeah, and this leads me to Karen, posting about her pants being to tight...


Every summer I think this is IT, the summer I will look like Elektra because I have time to work out, time to plan and eat healthy meals, to be stress free. And I have FINALLY figured it out. This thought is BOGUS. Summer is a time to enjoy. The ice cream, the margaritas on the deck, the NOT DOING time. Still good cooking but with actual desserts one or twice. Getting together with friends, having extra foofoo coffee because I have TIME. Camping and pool food galore that comes in little baggies and packages. FINGER FOOD. I kind of feel like Templeton from Charlotte's Web and why the heck not. Enjoy without REMORSE-pants are pants! These guilty pleasure thoughts led me to Bobbi's post about brats...


LOVE them, think I will make some tonight, AFTER we spend one more day in the sweltering heat watching cool skull helmets, frilly helmets, colorful jerseys, and parents screaming at children. Falls, finishes, and bittersweet wins, which I will share tomorrow.



4 comments:

bobbione8y said...

I'm glad my brat story affected you positively :)) ha. btw, i had to stop eating them, finally. the final two are withering in the fridge and i think i have hit the wall on brats.

and yes. summer IS for enjoying!

Karen said...

It's an epiphany!!! Perfect timing, too, as I sit here enjoying a froo-froo drink. :-)

carey said...

and as i sit here, having not worked out since friday.

all i can say is, pretty sure Electra doesn't eat cheetos.

bummer for Electra.

cherk said...

I told small fry that the movie was very OLD and Elektra of course didn't look like that NOW. And that 15 years ago I might have looked like Elektra! Before big chunky babies!