Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Really??

After getting up at 5 AM to work out, staying at work until 7:30 this evening I come home to relax and find the following:
An 11 year old who has been home since 4 WITH his dad and now as he is showing me his planner realizes he has homework (to hubby's credit he asked him more than once)
An 8 year old who has homework due NEXT Monday, and needs me to find a family pic for it right now
An 11 year old who very honestly and solemnly asks me if you press the "Buy-with-1-click" button on amazon does it really order it?
An 8 year old who wayyyy after bedtime is hearing knocking noises in his room and finds out it is his favorite fish light as it moves, he is in a quandry-light? No light?
An 11 year old who is crying out of guilt of being curious about the one-click button AFTER I show him a confirmation that I will soon be the proud owner of not one, but two decorative martial art swords.
Finally the fish light is off, the bathroom light is on, and now a big fry that can't sleep because the bathroom light is on. And me? Well I promised myself no wine until Friday so that is out and I still sit here in my dress clothes...hey it is only 9:10, I can just go straight to pj's. A glass of wine in PJ's would be even better

Just so you know it is not all doom and gloom, big fry's first 4 grades are all A's and one missing assignment turned in and full credit for. Small Fry loves his teacher, which is very rewarding after last year experience, and hey tomorrow is already Wednesday

5 comments:

Karen said...

Holy crap, Cher! I might have gone back to work. With the wine bottle. And the jammies.

Just so you know, I made that same promise and broke it last night. :-)

Karen said...

And, um, what is a decorative martial arts sword going for these days??

carey said...

your house sounds so very familiar.
throw in two dogs and two cats, take out the dress clothes and you guys are US :)

cherk said...

You would be surprised, Big fry did inherit a frugal gene from someone!! Thank goodness it wasn't like limited edition from the Smithsonian or something

bobbione8y said...

i hate to say this - but i read your post after an absolutely LONG and exhausting day yesterday, and i actually felt better, because i did not have your day :)

the sword(s) are hilarious. yet not.