Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Once in awhile

As women we are great to point out our faults. Our weight, our skin, our body parts, our motivation. You ask what our faults are and we can name plenty. At the same time we can talk up our kids, our hubbys, our friends, and our coworkers about what is great about them. So once in awhile I think it is ok to share what is cool about us and have a little pride in who or what we are. I had a fellow boot camp person/coworker tell me about her conversation at boot camp and mentioning to another person that her principal (me) comes to the class to. She was describing me to the other lady, "you know shortish brown hair, comes with her husband..." The other gal right away says, "Oh I know who you mean, the one with the kick ass legs". I may weigh more than I used to and some of the parts aren't all in the same perky place they should be but to be at age 40 and have "kick ass legs"?

I'll take it, and be proud of it

3 comments:

bobbione8y said...

:) yeah. sometimes, it's kind of nice to hear and think about the good stuff. for what it's worth, i've told carey you look like you are IN SHAPE.

i wonder what's kick ass about me lately? ha.!!

carey said...

you have always had kick ass legs, cher. they match your wicked sense of humor.

and professor bobbi, i haven't seen your legs lately, but if i remember correctly, they aren't too shabby either. :)

cherk said...

Bobbi-I think you design and artistry kicks ass! I am always in awe of truly creative people!

Is wicked a good thing:)