Monday, September 6, 2010

Change in fortune




Last summer Big Fry and I had a "come to you know who talk" about racing. He told me at the time, "I am tired of being last mom for the last 4 years". The last month of this summer has been a different story, well almost, he has still been last here at our track. But his atttitude and ability has been far from it. He tells us it doesn't matter what place he gets, but that when he is racing the expert riders that he is "almost with them" and has come out of the gate in front. This weekend at Aberdeen for him was awesome. He raced his butt off, was first a couple of times and finished 2nd overall. You could just feel the confidence ooze off of him. He did better then his little brother who always comes home with the biggest hardware, and is excited to race more. Sometimes those late bloomers are the funnest to watch.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Yeah big fry!! So glad that he stuck with it through the tough parts. I quit many a sport back in my day instead of working harder. Must have been a good talk you both had.

bobbione8y said...

that is cool. the look on his face kind of says it all!

Karen said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!! So awesome!!!

I love the "come to you know who" talk. :-)

carey said...

Now that is a photo worth hanging. I love it. And totally totally agree about the later bloomer thing. I am always a sucker for the underdog, especially my own :)