Sunday, July 18, 2010

Camping-never a dull moment







The boys and I packed up and went camping, with hubby's hours all 4 of us was not an option so it was just the 3 of us. Camping is always fun and never dull. The day started out before we EVEN left. My bottle of wine fell through the bag in the garage and bashed me on the ankle-bled like crazy-not a good sign. I woke up that night with it hurting so bad I thought I would have to text hubby to come get me. The next day as Big Fry became over excited about a turtle he slipped off a rock and fell into the lake. Not a big deal in most lakes, but Horse Thief has an abundance of rocks both above and BELOW the water. He climbs out, says he is fine and as I am walking to get him a towel, I hear real crying. I run back and find him with blood all over his hands, he has cut his toe (did you know they bleed? Alot). Run back get a towel and have to piggy back him to the car-all 80 flippin pounds and head back to Rapid for stitches. We head back out to finish the weekend which actually went well. I did learn a few things-besides toes bleeding profusely:
Charcoal briquets take a really, really long time to get hot
Turtles and frogs can escape styrofoam coolers-quickly and quietly

Wine gets really hot and fermented when left in the camper during the day
And finally the beauty of nature and watching my children explore it never cease to amaze me.

2 comments:

bobbione8y said...

somehow, i think this story tells it all. i feel like i was there :)

Karen said...

Argh. I might have stayed home. With a new bottle of wine. You're a trooper, Cher.