Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fall foliage, then and now

I have pretty much given up on family fall pics each year. It used to be an annual thing. Matching clothes, perfect hair, and plenty of candy on hand to bribe toddlers and preschoolers to be good. I am not sure if I have become less patient with the whole proces, found candid photos that work just as well, or just plain lazy. Still not sure which.

But today I was inspired by an early morning ride on the Mickelson Trail with a friend. So I gathered up boys and dog (I had forgiven her by now for the underwear fiasco). Here is the funny thing, I didn't have anyone change clothes or comb hair, we grabbed the camera and a bag of chex mix, with electronics in hand, and away we went.

I have to admit, the old feeling came back, with the same faces, eye rolling and bickering at the start of the walk. Where's the water? Can we get in the water? Is this poison ivy? ARE YOU SURE? Wait I need to put water on my legs I think it is poison ivy...I may have threatened to turn right back around to the car. But the beauty and nature took over and....here we are a little flashback to the old fall foliage days and some new ones to share. Dang, not bad for weekend photographer if I do say so myself. I love these guys, just what I needed this weekend.


THEN


 


 NOW


 
 

Oh so little 

And now, not so much 
 



Hmmm maybe not so changed after all







Who knew?

 
 
 

1 comment:

bobbione8y said...

mmmmmmmmm. fall foilage shots are my absolute fave. not kidding.

i think they are still pretty 'cute' even without styling the shots! and heck yeah, pretty good photo skills, for sure ;)