Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Getting it right...




These moments help me realize, yes I am a qualified parent and yes my children have kind hearts.

Getting groceries and we walk by a young man obviously with some syndrome type features and using cane because he was blind. A-man walks by and of course he turns to stare, I give him the look so he stops. He starts to ask me about the cane and I explain the why's and what's and how everyone is different. He looks about in tears and says "Mom, that's really sad, I feel bad for him". I said "Yes, it is but he was with family or friends so he has a lot in common with us, and that just shows how we should be thankful every day". He agrees with a nod, as we walk out the store he starts talking about inventing a better cane that can talk and do all kinds of things for people like the young man we saw. He says "Do you think I can mom?" I said, "I think you can do anything A". I know you can big guy and you will.



On another note, I am noticing I never write much about Q-ball, he flys under the radar most of time unles he acting zoooey. Quiet, loves to color and do art and loves to sing in the car and dance to American Idol. So we are watching American Idol and during the 60's and 70's nights I sometimes sing along. In a gruff voice for his little body-Karen's heard it-he says "Dohhhhhh how do you know all these songs??" I had to admit to him I KNOW oodles of songs-His response-"Wow mom, cool." Ahhhh for now he is so easily impressed


It has been cold here so I am fondly remembering and sharing our warm memories from our trip in November to Mexico. Ahhhhhh

3 comments:

Chris said...

Man, those pics rock! I want to be there in the sand so bad right now. SOooooooo tired of cold! You are a great Mom, Cher, it shows in your boys:)

Karen said...

I'm so glad you had a moment, Cher! Sometimes it's all that keeps me going over here...

cherk said...

You are right the "moments" do keep us going. I just need to work on seeing the little everyday ones mean as much as the "wow" ones